Jamii Telecommunications Limited (“JTL”) is a Kenyan company incorporated on 20th April 2004 under Certificate of Incorporation No. C100623.
JTL is licensed by the Communications Commission of Kenya as a Telecommunications Operator under the new Unified Licensing Framework. JTL offers data communications services to telecommunications operators, corporate, Media Houses and Government in East Africa using Terrestrial fiber optic cable, Satellite and Broadband wireless networks (Wimax).
JTL offers Carrier of Carriers Network Service, Internet Backbone Services, International Data and Voice Services, Satellite Solutions (SCPC, DVB, and VSAT), Broadcast Signal Distribution and Public Data Network services.
JTL has deployed Next Generation Metro Fiber Networks in Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Kisumu, Eldoret and Thika based on DWDM/SDH with a backbone capacity of 400Gbps. This infrastructure is a Multi Service Provisioning Platform offering both legacy (TDM) and Next Generation (IP) Services. JTL has also built a National DWDM Backbone connecting all the Major Towns in Kenya and the borders to Tanzania and Uganda. The National Backbone has been provisioned on the highly secure OPGW fiber on Kenya Power & Lighting Co Ltd (KPLC) HT power lines.
JTL has deployed a Fiber–to-the-Home (FTTH) Network using GPON technology. This is aimed at providing Triple Play Services to the residential customers.
JTL has state-of-the-art Satellite Earth Stations in Nairobi and Mombasa. These facilities enable JTL to access Satellite capacity from the major satellite operators. The earth station is equipped for both teleport and hub services.
JTL is also licensed to offer IPTV Services through its Fiber Optic Network.
JTL has invested in TEAMS, the submarine fiber cable that links Mombasa to Fujairah as well as securing connectivity from SEACOM and EASSY submarine cables thus providing clients with fully redundant connectivity.
JTL has a 15 year license to use the LT power poles of KPLC in the major towns to roll out aerial fiber for both commercial and residential customers.
Our Critical Success Factors
- Develop proactive and responsive customer support systems to enhance customer satisfaction and retention
- Anticipate and develop quality service offerings that meet and exceed customer expectations
- Develop internal and external communication systems that enhance flow of information and feedback
- Train and empower staff to deliver excellent customer service
Our Core Values
- The customer is always the king
- Teamwork. The staff is the key
- Driven by performance. Execution is the key
- Excellence is everything
- Ensure Ethics and Integrity in all our dealings with customers.
- Suppliers, partners and colleagues
Our Customer Service Vision